Claims Specialist

You need a specialist on your side

Since 1950, ICC has specialized in providing customized insurance products, expert service, and aggressive defense of our customers. Our coverage comes with a commitment: we'll be there when you need us!

ICC's dedication to the food and beverage industry means that our Claims Adjusters handle situations on a regular basis that another carrier may only see a few times a year. Whether you're facing a property loss, have been notified about an injured employee, or have received notice that you are being sued, ICC will be there to help every step of the way.

How to report a claim

How to report a claim

Claims can be reported in several ways

  • Contact your independent agent
  • Use the online Report a Claim form
  • Use ICC's mobile app: ICC2Go
  • Call us toll free at 1-800-445-DRAM (3726)

To report an EMERGENCY PROPERTY CLAIM after hours, call 1-800-445-DRAM (3726) and select Option 2

Workers’ Compensation Electronic Payer
Clearing House: Jopari
ID #: J1575

What to do After a Claim

If You Suffer a Loss of or Damage to Your Property (Fire, Theft, Wind, etc.)

Confusion and panic can often occur following a property loss. You can increase the speed of the claims process by being prepared and taking the necessary steps immediately following a loss.

What to do after a loss:

  • Take the necessary steps to protect persons from injury.
  • If you suspect a crime has been committed, contact local authorities.
  • Report the loss to your agent.
  • As soon as practicable after the loss, make necessary emergency repairs to protect the property from further damage.
  • Take photos or video (if possible) of the damages, including all damaged items of business personal property.
  • If the loss involves damage to business personal property, complete our downloadable Inventory Form to list all damaged business personal property, room by room.

If a Customer is Injured or Causes an Injury on Your Premises or After Leaving Your Business (Slip and Fall, Altercation, Accidents Involving an Allegedly Intoxicated Person, etc.)

People often have years to present a formal claim after an incident occurs. It is extremely important to notify your agent of any incident that could result in a claim, even if it does not appear the involved party was injured or intends to pursue a claim.

What to do after an incident:

  • Obtain the names and contact information for all involved parties, witnesses, and employees (include addresses and phone numbers).
  • Obtain the names and contact information for any authorities investigating the incident.
  • Inspect the area surrounding the loss for any visible hazards, debris, etc. (a photographic or video record of the area is also encouraged) and save/preserve all objects of evidence.
  • In the event of a slip, trip or fall, take note of the injured person's footwear, clothing, and eyewear.
  • If the incident was captured on surveillance video, save the video from the day before the incident, the day of the incident, and the day after the incident for ICC.
  • Neither you nor your employees should discuss the incident or claim with anyone except an authorized representative of ICC and local authorities, unless otherwise authorized by ICC.
  • If log books exist, save them.
  • If incident reports exist, save them.
  • Keep all time cards/payroll records for employees working on the date of loss.

What to do if you are sued:

  • Identify the specific individual (or individuals) who accepted service of the Summons and Complaint on behalf of the named insured.
  • Retain all documents, including post-marked envelopes, and immediately record the date of service on these documents.
  • If the service of the suit is your first notice of the claim, immediately report the claim to your agent and send him/her a copy of the summons and complaint so it can be reported to ICC.
  • If the service of the suit takes place after you have reported the claim to us, immediately contact the Claims Representative handling your claim. If you do not have this information, immediately report the lawsuit to your agent, email it to us at, or call us at 1-800-445-DRAM (3726).
  • Neither you nor your employees should discuss the incident or suit with anyone except an authorized representative of ICC, counsel assigned to defend your interests, or your personal counsel unless otherwise approved by any of these parties.
  • Please also review the applicable checklist above for additional instructions.

If One of Your Employees is Injured

An injury at work can be a very disruptive occurrence. Your immediate attention is on ensuring that your employee receives the necessary medical attention. It is very important to notify your agent of any employee incident that could result in a Workers Compensation claim, even if it seems insignificant or questionable at the time.

What to do when an employee injury occurs:

  • Calls from medical providers requesting authorization for treatment, including diagnostic testing and/or surgery, should be directed to ICC at 1-800-445-DRAM (3726).
  • All medical bills, medical records, work status notes, legal notices, attorney letters, etc. should be immediately emailed to
  • Workers Compensation insurance is primary. Medical bills for a compensable work injury are to be paid under the workers compensation policy, not the employee's health insurance policy.
  • The injured employee is responsible for updating the employer in regard to his/her work status and should be requesting a work status note from the doctor at each visit and providing same to the employer.
  • Light duty work should be offered to the injured employee, whenever possible, if there is work available within the employee's work restrictions.

If You Have Or Suspect a Data Breach

What to do after a breach:

  • Record the date and time that the breach was detected.
  • Record the date and time that response efforts begin.
  • Take the affected machines offline but do not turn them off.
  • Document everything you know thus far, such as who discovered the breach, what type of breach occurred, what was stolen, how it was stolen, what is affected, what is missing, etc.
Reduce Severity Loss

How to prevent or reduce the severity of a loss

  • Establish and communicate a formal emergency response plan for your business.
  • Maintain a daily incident log.
  • Clean up spills promptly and mark wet floors appropriately.
  • Make sure sidewalks and parking lots are maintained and kept clear of ice and snow in the winter.
  • Make sure your surveillance equipment is functioning properly, and recordings can be accessed when needed.
  • Keep duplicate copies of financial records at an off-site location.
  • Create and maintain an itemized list of your property (a photographic or video record is encouraged).
  • Post a list of people to contact in case of an emergency (owners, employees, vendors, etc.).